Many Israeli supporters want to invoke Israel's success story -- economic, technological and entrepreneurial-- to justify their actions on and their treatments of the Palestinians. The line of reasoning is somewhat like this:The fact that I own a a posh car indicates that I worked hard and that I have the talents to be eligible to buy that fashionable car. You cannot afford such a car, implying that you are inferior to me. And now you, out of anger and jealousy, will always try to throw stones and break the windows of my car. Therefore, it is legitimate for me to punish you whenever I see you near my car. This logic, which may be rhetorically spot on, is actually misleading and falsification of the underlying truth. I shall argue with more and more concrete evidences from time to time that the causality is in the opposite direction.
Israel's manipulative behavior with its neighbors and its acts of brazen misrepresentation of facts on the global platform due to the impunity it enjoys from many global powers -- mainly the US and the UK -- are the reasons for its so-called successes, not to mention the humongous financial aid and logistical support it receives from many Western allies. Also add to that, Israel's massive and systematic propaganda machine working round the clock, assisted by the right-wing Jewish diaspora, to turn lies into truths. This is the Israel's major success story.
Before we are actually swayed by the aforementioned twisted justification to support the Israeli acts of terrorism in the name of self-defense, it's the right time to address an important question. Is Israel really sincere in the `two-state-settlement' in the region which has been perceived by many observers as the most realistic solution (may not be the fairest) to bring peace to the middle-east (remember the Israelis are the immigrant settlers and the Palestinians are the natives of the land). The ground evidences show Israelis are very reluctant to recognize a Palestinian state in Gaza and West Bank as outlined in Oslo accords and Camp David summit. Whenever it comes to implementing the "two-state-solution", Israel stance is of dillydallying, showing their clear intention of maintaining the status quo. They want to provoke the Palestinians into resorting to somewhat violent measures so that they can justify their imperialistic aggression by means of their state-sponsored terrorism; compared to the magnitude and intensity of the Israeli military powers equipped with high-precision and long range missiles among others, Palestinian arms are no more severe than handguns. The real intention that Israel nurtures in its heart is to weaken the Palestinians morally and financially so much so that they can seize their land easily.
I end today (as the baby is crying) with a few crude facts. One may try to verify it with any authentic source and may report any discrepancies to me.
- During (2000--2010), Israel killed more than 6,300 Palestinians; many were children and defenseless civilians.
- Israel demolished more than 25,000 Palestinian homes since 1967.
- In its arsenal Israel has up to 200 nuclear warheads which is in clear violation of the United Nations Security Council resolution 487. Interestingly, it receives something around $7 million of military aid from the U.S. per day.
- 7,383 Palestinians are being kept in the prisons of Israel.
- The racist regime of Israel has built 223 settlements on the Palestinians' confiscated lands.
- Over the six-year period between September 2000 and February 2006, 36,589 Palestinians were injured by the Israeli forces of whom 3,530 Palestinians were permanently disabled or maimed.
- Israel has confiscated 249,680 km2 of Palestinian lands.
- Israeli forces even refused to overlook the Palestinian trees as they uprooted 1,187,762 Palestinian trees from 2000 to 2006.
Coming up in the next part are the reasons why it should not require much insight to conclude that the real ambition of Israel is grossly territorial. All they want is to extend their territory. Another important aspect of the Arab-Israeli conflict which is laced with strong racial hatred and antagonism is the opportunistic use of battle cries like "death to the Jews", by the Israelis to defend their aggression and brutality. Such practice is resorted to not only by the Israelis. It is adopted by the Indians and the Pakistanis too to whip up hatred against each other and thereby, justify killings. It was used by Hitler, it was used by Stalin, it was used by Pol Pot, it was used by Saddam, in fact almost all mass-murderers.